Thursday, March 11, 2010

A funny story...

I have a funny story to share. Chris, my brother-in-law, hasn't spent much time around babies, however, Becky and Chris are expecting their first baby in Aug. He was so good to hold Charlotte when John plopped her in his arms when we first arrived. Chris glowed when he held her, and I must say did a very fine job! Charlotte was due for her evening bottle so I asked if he would like to feed her, he said sure! After a few minutes Charlotte was done and I told him she needed to be burped. Chris set the bottle down and just looked at the baby. He waited a few seconds and then with a look of "what do I do now" says to Charlotte...."well, burp." What made it so funny was he was completely perplexed as to what happened next. We all got a good laugh and then explained how one would go about burping a baby. I guess it was a good thing we brought Charlotte to Oregon so he could practice!!!
I can say with all honesty, Chris was wonderful with Charlotte and both him and Becky will make wonderful parents! However, this is a story I am afraid will stay with Chris for years to come!!! We love you man!!!

No comments: